Discover the “Lalo Loor” Dry Coastal Forest, a refuge for endangered species such as the golden-mantled howler monkey.
Mistura, beach houses, are located on the closest beach from Quito, right in the Middle of the World, at kilometer 16 between Pedernales and Cojimíes, in Manabí Province. Mistura has apartments of 1,2 and 3 bedrooms with a large social area and an exclusive pool. Its total capacity is for 30 people, divided into 14 single rooms and 8 double rooms.
Mistura is the perfect combination of peace and exclusivity by the sea, which will allow you to enjoy the beach with privacy and social distancing, thanks to being far from the populated centers of Pedernales and Cojimíes.
In addition to the benefits of a beach´s trip, Mistura and its location offers us the possibility of visiting 2 natural attractions of high ecological value, the Lalo Loor Dry Forest that protects several families of howler monkeys and the Isla del Amor, in the estuary of the Cojimíes River, part of the Río Muisne Mangrove Wildlife Refuge.
At a glance
|Day 1||Early pick up & departure from Quito. Breakfast at your arrival to Mistura. AM: Free time to enjoy the facilities and the semiprivate beach area. Traditional Ceviches as lunch. PM: hike from 1 to 2 hours in Lalo Loor Reserve.|
|Día 2||Traditional breakfast at Mistura. AM: Drive to Cojimíes to visit Isla del Amor & some mangrove´s forest by canoe. Lunch included at Mistura. PM: back to Quito.|
- 2D/1N with accommodation in independet family apartments.
- National & naturalist guide.
- Tourist private transportation.
- Full board (all meals included): 2 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
- Personalized menus.
- Visits described in the program.
- Local taxes.
What to bring?
- For biosecurity reasons, it is requested to bring your own hotel lingerie (set of sheets, pillow and towel, especially) since, being sources of contagion, we prioritize the use of your own.
- For the visit to the Lalo Loor Dry Forest is recommended to use rubber boots with long socks. If you don´t have, dont worry, they have some to lend you at the Reserve. As well, don´t forget sunscreen, insect repellent and binoculars to observe flora and fauna.
- Personal biosecurity kit: alcohol or antibacterial gel, masks.
- For the Isla del Amor, free time at the beach and pool, bathing suit, sunscreen, cap, sandals, sunglasses, mainly.
A deposit of 30% total invoiced for your trip is required to confirm your reservation. The remaining balance (70%) is required 30 days prior to the departure date. In cases of trips confirmed within 30 days of the departure date, payment in full is required for confirmation. You should receive confirmations with every payment you make.
- For cancelations of 30+ days before tour departure date, the full amount minus a cancelation fee of 10% will be refunded to the client.
- For cancelations between 21-30 days before tour departure date, a cancelation fee of 50% to the deposit paid will be charged.
- For cancelations less than 20 days prior to the tour departure date, full amount of the tour is charged with no refund.
Departure Time3:00 am
Return Time20:00 pm
Included3 Star AccomodationBreakfastDinnersEntrance feeLunchNaturalist local guidePersonal Guide
Not Included4 Star Accomodation5 Star AccommodationAirport Transfercamping gearFlight ticketsGallery TicketMules and portersPersonal expensesRefugeTips
Day 1: Quito – Mistura – Lalo Loor Reserve – Pedernales - Mistura (B, L, D)Departure from Quito at 3:00 a.m., picking up our participants from various points in the city for everyone's safety. We will drive to Mistura, located 16 km from Pedernales, in Manabí Province. We will have a welcome breakfast, and then free time to rest in the MIstura´s facilities, its swimming pool and semi private beach. At noon, as an optional activity, we can learn more about manabí´s ceviches, in our exclusive kitchen. In the afternoon, we will go to the Lalo Loor Dry Forest Reserve, one of the most unique and pristine places on the entire Ecuadorian coast, being right between the very humid forests of the north and the dry forests of the south. We will start a hike for 1 to 2 hours, depending on our luck in finding the golden-mantled howler monkeys. On the way back to Mistura, we will make a short stop in Pedernales, to enjoy a good cocktail in front of the sea. Dinner in Mistura.
Day 2: Cojimíes – Isla del Amor – Back to Quito (B, L)We will start the day enjoying a delicious traditional coastal breakfast, and then head towards Cojimíes, from where we will take a boat tour to visit the Cojimíes River estuary, and see the mangroves up close, home to a great variety of birds, and species such as the brown or black shell, the blue crab, among others. Upon our arrival at the Isla del Amor, known for being a space free of noise, pollution, paradisiacal, ideal for couples. Upon our return to Mistura, after lunch, we will leave back to Quito around 3 pm. End of services.
- All services are provided in groups of maximum 15 participants.
- Food details: D: breakfast, A: lunch, C: dinner.
- Highly recommende the use of rubber boots within the Lalo Loor reserve (if you don't have them, don't worry, the reserve has some pairs to use).
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies